Powered Reference Monitors Offer Unparalleled Sound, Versatility and Affordability
PRO-QUALITY MONITORING FOR ANY STUDIO OR WORKSPACE
Get legendary JBL performance in your studio with the next-generation JBL 3 Series, compact powered studio monitors. Integrating the revolutionary JBL Image Control Waveguide, 3 Series MkII monitors offer stunning detail, precise imaging, a wide sweet spot and impressive dynamic range that’s unheard of in their class. With JBL’s patented Slip Stream™ Port and 200w of power, the LSR310S subwoofer adds deep, accurate bass to your monitoring system. Whether you’re working in stereo, 2.1, or beyond—the 3 Series family will enhance the critical listening capabilities of any production space—and deliver an enjoyable mix experience at an accessible price.
What’s New in 3 Series MkII?
MAKE YOUR MARK WITH SUPERIOR STUDIO MONITORS
Since their release, word has spread on the quality and value found in the original JBL 3 Series, resulting in wide adoption from hobbyists to high-end professionals working in music, film, post, and broadcast production worldwide. With such an obvious hit, you might ask, "Why update now?" On every JBL project, there’s always a handful of features or improvements that the engineering team can’t squeeze in before going to production, and 3 Series was no different. When the opportunity presented itself, we decided to make those final improvements to the transducers, add a frequently-requested feature, and apply the latest manufacturing learnings. The result—new editions of these popular studio monitors that retain the best qualities of the originals, but now look better, sound better, and provide transparent sound in even more production environments.
- Next-generation JBL transducers for optimized transient response and improved linearity
- Sleek, modern design provides a dramatic flair to any studio
- New Boundary EQ delivers better bass performance when monitors are placed close to walls or corners
- Image Control Waveguide
PRECISE DETAIL AND A BIGGER SWEET SPOT
Reveal impressive detail, ambience and depth in your mixes thanks to the groundbreaking JBL Image Control Waveguide. Originally developed for our flagship M2 Master Reference Monitor, this patented innovation ensures an acoustically seamless transition between the low- and high-frequency transducers and provides an immersive soundstage with precise imaging. Offering a broad sweet spot and neutral frequency response, 3 Series monitors deliver a crystal-clear representation of your mix—revealing subtle details, even when listening off-axis.
- Detailed imaging and a broad, room-friendly sweet spot
- Neutral in-room response for better accuracy
- Same patented design as used on the M2 Master Reference Monitor
- Next-Generation Transducers
ENHANCED MIXING ACCURACY
To help you make the best mix decisions, we equipped all the monitors in this series with acclaimed 3 Series transducers that now perform even better. Hear deep, accurate and tightly controlled bass thanks to a long-throw woofer and the patented JBL Slip Stream™ low-frequency port. Enjoy soaring, immaculately detailed highs via the woven-composite 1" Neodymium tweeter. JBL engineers took things to the next level with faster HF transient response through fine-tuned ferrofluid damping, and greater low-frequency linearity and lower harmonic distortion, courtesy of an enhanced woofer design. The result is a studio monitor you can trust—with unmatched peak handling, stunning dynamics and neutral frequency response that’s unbeatable in its class.
- Three different sizes available: 305P MkII (5"), 306P MkII (6.5") and 308P MkII (8")
- Next-generation JBL transducers for optimized transient response and improved linearity
- Patented Slip Stream™ low-frequency port and long-throw woofers provide superior bass performance
- Woven-composite 1" Neodymium tweeter for detailed and accurate highs
BIG SOUND OUT OF THE BOX
JBL 3 Series monitors are ready for the most demanding production styles right out of the box. Dual integrated Class D power amplifiers, which we custom designed for each transducer, give you generous dynamic range for any project. From music production and podcasting to cinematic sound design or daily vlogging, enjoy the output and power you need to hear exceptional detail at any volume-even at peak SPLs. Simply plug in, power on, and start creating.
- Dual integrated, custom Class D amplifiers
- Superior dynamic range
- Reduced distortion and extended frequency response
TAILORED SOUND TO FIT YOUR STUDIO
The dimensions and acoustics of a room can have a major effect on sonic accuracy, and that’s why the JBL 3 Series family lets you adjust the response to fit your studio. The new Boundary EQ attenuates the low-end boost that can occur when you place monitors directly on the desktop or near walls. The 3-position HF Trim switch allows you to adjust the high-frequency response of the monitors to tailor them to room acoustics or personal tastes.
- Customize monitor response to fit your workspace
- Boundary EQ compensates for low-frequency variants introduced by the environment
- HF Trim switch adjusts high-frequency output to room acoustics or personal preferences
- Flexible Connectivity for Your Studio
PROFESSIONAL FORMATS FOR EASY INTEGRATION
Offering both balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs, and adjustable +4dBu/-10dBV input sensitivity, monitors in the 3 Series family offer flexible, professional connectivity options that provide easy setup while maintaining your signal integrity.
- Compatible with professional connectivity formats
- Balanced XLR inputs and 1/4" TRS inputs
- Switchable between +4dBu and -10dBV input sensitivity
Renowned JBL Technology
70 YEARS OF EXPERTISE
The 3 Series family design leverages over 70 years of JBL acoustic expertise to create refined studio monitors that deliver outstanding value. While other manufacturers use off-the-shelf components, and make subjective decisions about the sound, we build speakers that squeeze every ounce of performance from each component to deliver efficient, accurate sound reproduction. Monitors in the 3 Series are designed to the JBL Linear Spatial Reference criteria—a series of 72 individual measurements taken 360 degrees around each speaker to ensure a faithful reproduction of your mix, whatever your listening environment.
- Engineered to JBL Linear Spatial Reference design criteria for outstanding accuracy
- All custom designed—no off-the-shelf components
- Leverages JBL expertise for efficient, accurate performance
Built to Last
JBL PROFESSIONAL RELIABILITY
JBL Professional studio monitors are designed for reliable performance, even when projects push your gear to the limit. Before being approved for production, 3 Series monitors must first pass our strenuous JBL Power Test. Each model is required to perform flawlessly at maximum volume for an unheard-of 100 hours—without failure. As a result, you can depend on 3 Series monitors to deliver consistently excellent sound reproduction for years to come.
- Strenuous JBL 100-hour power test ensures long-term reliability
- Dependable and consistent performance
- Legendary JBL build-quality
POWERFUL EXTENDED BASS RESPONSE
The optional LSR310S subwoofer allows you to extend the bass response of the 3 Series monitors even further. It incorporates the patented JBL Slip Stream™ Port, which works in concert with a custom 10" down-firing driver and a 200 Watt amplifier to add deep, powerful bass to any studio monitor system. The XLF Extended Low Frequency Setting, a JBL first, activates a specially-engineered tuning that emulates the ample bass tuning used in today's dance clubs. The LSR310S offers plenty of other professional features including balanced inputs and outputs, selectable input sensitivity, and a choice of three crossover settings.
- Patented Slip Stream™ Port helps add deep, powerful bass
- XLF Extended Low Frequency Setting emulates the bass tuning used in dance clubs
- Choose from three different crossover settings
The 3 Series Family
CHOOSE THE MODEL THAT FITS YOUR WORKSPACE
With three different models to choose from, there’s a 3 Series monitor to fit your studio and budget. The 5" 305P MkII offers a remarkably full sound in an enclosure small enough to fit in the tightest workspace. The 6.5" 306P MkII is perfect if you need even more volume and bass response while still maintaining a compact footprint. The 8" 308P MkII is the largest and most powerful of the three models in the series, offering impressive low end, high output and excellent dynamic range.
- Small-footprint 305P MkII perfect for small workspaces
- New 306P MkII features 6.5" driver for big sound with a compact footprint
- 308P MkII combines power and size for ultimate bass response
- Add deep, powerful bass to any studio monitor system with the LSR310
|Frequency Range||43 Hz-24 kHz|
|Max Peak SPL||108 dB SPL C-Weighted|
|Max Peak Input||+23 dBu|
|LF DRIVER SIZE||127 mm (5")|
|HF DRIVER SIZE||25 mm (1")|
|LF DRIVER POWER AMP||41 W Class D|
|HF DRIVER POWER AMP||41 W Class D|
|LF Trim Control||+2 dB, 0, -2 dB|
|HF TRIM CONTROL||+2 dB, 0, -2 dB|
|Input Types||1 x XLR, 1 x TRS Balanced|
|AC INPUT VOLTAGE||100-240 VAC +/- 10% 50/60 Hz|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||298 mm x 185 mm x 251 mm (11.75 in x 7.28 in x 9.88 in)|
|Weight||4.6 kg (10.12 lbs)|